- About UNWTO
- Member States
- Affiliate Members
- Destination Management & Quality Programme
- Education and Training
- Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Information Resources & Archives
- Institutional and Corporate Relations
- Knowledge Network
- Market Trends
- Resilience of Tourism Development
- Governing Bodies
- Statistics and Tourism Satellite Account
- Sustainable Development of Tourism
- Silk Road
- Technical Cooperation
12th UNWTO Awards open for applications
02 Jul 15
UNWTO has opened the call for applications for the 12th edition of the UNWTO Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism. Tourism initiatives from around the world are encouraged to apply before 30 October 2015.
Since 2003, the UNWTO Awards recognize knowledge creation, dissemination and innovation in tourism, seeking to highlight the sector’s transversal effect on governance and society at large. So far, the Awards have acknowledged more than 70 scholars, visionaries and institutions, whose work has served as an inspiration for competitive and sustainable tourism development and the promotion of the values of the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics for Tourism.
The UNWTO Awards distinguish tourism initiatives for outstanding achievements in the following categories:
· UNWTO Award for Innovation in Public Policy and Governance
· UNWTO Award for Innovation in Enterprises
· UNWTO Award for Innovation in Non-Governmental Organizations
· UNWTO Award for Innovation in Research and Technology
Previous winners include a project promoting domestic tourism in Peru, an initiative for travelers to immerse in the Maasai community in Tanzania, an innovative marketing project from Amsterdam and a mobile application promoting European tourism.
The 12th UNWTO Awards winners will be announced on 20 January 2016 in Madrid, Spain. For the third consecutive year, the Ceremony will be held in collaboration with the Spanish tourism fair IFEMA/FITUR. The Ceremony will be preceded by the annual UNWTO Awards Symposium which highlights the importance of innovation in tourism and is an opportunity to share the knowledge and achievements of the UNWTO Awards finalists.
For any queries related to the UNWTO Awards, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
UNWTO Communications & Publications Programme
Tel: (+34) 91 567 8100 / Fax: +34 91 567 8218
Insert a video?: